Ahmed is in San Francisco for his first ever visit! As well as attending the San Francisco Blockchain Week, Ahmed set some time to explore a bit of SF and also spent time interviewing one of the pioneers of blockchain technology in SF; Matthew Liu from Origin Protocol.
In this episode, the pair discuss:
* Matt’s experience and key lessons as a product manager at Youtube in its early days
* Matt’s ups and downs in entrepreneurship
* What it takes to be a real entrepreneur
* Why Origin is building a platform for decentralised marketplaces
* How incentivisation functions in Origin
* Real practical use cases
* Differences in the business models between open sourcing your tech (tokens) vs keeping it private (equity)
* Culture and personality around delivering impact
They also discuss the race to digital supremacy between the U.S. and China!
If you liked what you heard, please do leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and the other platforms. Don’t forget to support us by spreading the word and hitting that subscribe button!
Special Guest: Matthew Liu.