We are live! We held a live podcast at Gitex and discussed an awesome topic ‘The future of programmable money’!
We had two great guests on the show: Gabriel Abed from Bitt.com and Aruba Khalid from the Dubai Future Foundation. In this episode, we discussed:
- Why programmable money is important (04:17)
- What is programmable money (06:32)
- Money for the authorities: Is there an argument for separating political decisions from economic outcomes (09:47)
- How Bitt.com have helped central banks to create central bank digital currency (11:47)
- Advantages of central bank digital currencies (16:42)
- Are banks needed if central banks create their own central bank digital currencies? (18:00)
- Money for the corporations: Libra and how money is based on its usefulness (19:18)
- Can we program money that is useful and is private? (22:22)
- The roles of regulators when regulating Money for the corporations (25:17)
- The advent of corporation based money (29:45)
- Now it all depends on who you trust (32:02)
- Money for the people: Cryptocurrencies have forced the conversation (35:29)
- Bitcoin is designed to protect the 99% (36:22)
- Bitcoin prices and fluctuations (39:17)
This was another amazing live panel we hosted as we discussed the real problems and questions surrounding programmable money and what sound money looks like.
If you liked what you heard, please do leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and the other platforms. Don’t forget to support us by spreading the word and hitting that subscribe button!
Special Guests: Aruba Khalid and Gabriel Abed.